- All furniture/boxes delivered from storage
- Moved out of rental
- Got the rest of the stored items from my mother's place
- Sealed all that tile and grout
- Blinds bought and installed for bedrooms (Levalor Custom Now from Lowe's -- super impressed). Handy husband rocks!
- Additional appliances delivered from Sears (fridge, washer/dryer, deep freeze, microwave)
- The husband and my dad installed the microwave and
- Installed our garage door opener. Husband bought a fancy Whisper Drive one from Chamberlain. Have to say it's the quietest garage door I've ever heard.
- Husband added additional seed and turf starter to the yard (and mowed!).
- Bought a million things at Home Depot and Lowes during our near daily trips
- Bought many more fun things at HomeGoods and Target. (Because a new house requires new tupperware for me and some new melamine dishes for the kiddos)
- Installed rope lights in the master bedroom
Oh, and somewhere in there we got about 80 percent unpacked. At least the main living areas are set up and I managed to figure out the puzzle that is the kitchen. The kitchen is huge! But since it's so open there are not a ton of upper cabinets. And some of those are very skinny. But I think we've got it to a good working place.
A few pics:
|We were thrilled to see that our dining room table fits fully extended -- in case 10 people randomly drop by for dinner. Seriously, though, will come in handy when we host Thanksgiving.|
|Absolutely loving our fridge! They had to take the handles off to get it in the front door, but it fits in the space perfectly.|
|The slimline ice maker really makes a huge difference.|
|Newly installed microwave!|
|My kids think that this should be called the "evening room" not the "morning room" since they eat breakfast at the kitchen island and we eat dinner here. The husband's old Crate and Barrel table works great here with the extension in.|
|The white stools have to go, but this old Pottery Barn cabinet has found a lovely new home.|
|Probably the funniest surprise of the house -- turns out my office furniture is the same exact color as our walls! Guess just what room moved up to priority 1 in decorating and painting?|
|Came home from a hair appointment the other night to this lovely bedroom surprise. Loving the rope lights.|
All-in-all, we're happy as pigs in shit. We love this house!