Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wifeless Woodwork....and tile!

Another post from the hubby while the wife is away.  
The twelve year old in me want's to say something about wood that might not be appropriate for the masses.  For those of you out there like me, I know you're smiling right now. =) 

 Sorry it's messy, but I'm amazed at how much they were able to do in just a couple hours.


While some were hitting hard wood (snicker), others were laying tile.... our bathroom floor tile. A ceramic that looks like cararra marble. Pre-Grout (We opted for a white grout). The installer took the time to kind of line up the lines in the tile as well as giving almost perfect gridlines. Tomorrow... the subway tile.

Darker tile in the boys bathroom. 

 Dining room with chandelier.
The picture makes Ryan's "antique white" look passable. 

Heaven!  More precisely real Samoan Mahogany!  I really cannot describe how awesome it looks in person.  I promise more/better pictures tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. I love the Samoan Mahogany. I don't even remember seeing this as an option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly, they live in another state because we did not get these options, Maria! Are they gorgeous!

      Delete
    2. It wasn't a regular RH selection for us. Our sales rep at Rusmer (our flooring/tile place) let us go off the reservation and pick a few things (the hardwood and the bathroom tile). She was awesome and we loved the dark wood with all the variation in color.

      Delete
    3. WJ! They are absolutely beautiful! I love the floors--ALL of them! lol You had a cool sales rep. Usually the first thing they say to you is, "that isn't a part of the RH selection and you find yourself dumbfounded by the limited choices. I had to make three visits because I did not like any of the carpet selections for the basement. I am installing my selection after closing because they claim they could not do a non-standard RH selection. I know different now! Anything you want beyond RH, must be a non-standard request and you have to be willing to pay the fee to do it.

      Delete
  2. I love the authenticity in the picture! Great Job! I agree the Samoan Mahogany hardwood floors are HOTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW-love the bathroom tile choices and the dining room is gorgeous! Your house looks fabulous!

      Delete
  3. I love the marble looking tile!!

    ReplyDelete