We're still packing and still waiting for construction to start. In the meantime, I've been reading all of the other building blogs and thinking a lot about our options, our floorplan and the house in general.
Don't get me wrong, we are building our dream home, or as close to it as we can get right now. But there are little things that I might change if I could.
So, my druthers (if RH would do it and I could afford it):
- Luxury shower: You know, multi-head with a rain shower and even steam. Like this fancy shower.
- Slightly larger study: I telecommute full time, so I live in that office. My husband and I talked about making the bonus room my office, but I really like the location and light of the study. If I could have a just 2 or 3 more feet.
- A true chef's kitchen: The fancy professional stove, the sub-zero freezer, etc. Apparently RH does offer a professional kitchen upgrade in some areas (so jealous BD!).
- Jack-and-jill bathroom between two comparably sized rooms. The j-and-j offering in the Waverly is between the smallest of the bedrooms and the middle one. Didn't seem fair to one of the kids. So, we're sticking with a hall bath and the kids get rooms almost the same size. (Now accepting bets on when they get out the tape measure.)
- Full front porch. With a porch swing.
Not a terribly long list, so I guess we're doing pretty darn good.
What would you get if you had your druthers?