Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Druthers

We're still packing and still waiting for construction to start. In the meantime, I've been reading all of the other building blogs and thinking a lot about our options, our floorplan and the house in general.

Don't get me wrong, we are building our dream home, or as close to it as we can get right now. But there are little things that I might change if I could.

So, my druthers (if RH would do it and I could afford it):

- Luxury shower: You know, multi-head with a rain shower and even steam. Like this fancy shower.

- Slightly larger study: I telecommute full time, so I live in that office. My husband and I talked about making the bonus room my office, but I really like the location and light of the study. If I could have a just 2 or 3 more feet.

- A true chef's kitchen: The fancy professional stove, the sub-zero freezer, etc. Apparently RH does offer a professional kitchen upgrade in some areas (so jealous BD!).

- Jack-and-jill bathroom between two comparably sized rooms. The j-and-j offering in the Waverly is between the smallest of the bedrooms and the middle one. Didn't seem fair to one of the kids. So, we're sticking with a hall bath and the kids get rooms almost the same size. (Now accepting bets on when they get out the tape measure.)

- Full front porch. With a porch swing.

Not a terribly long list, so I guess we're doing pretty darn good.

What would you get if you had your druthers?

7 comments:

  1. I feel pretty lucky to be able to change out the shower faucet at least! You can get the new kitchen stuff later as you go when things start to wear out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a front porch with swing, a two-story foyer, and second floor laundry. I also wish the master shower was bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. from a building stand point, I would have liked to get the whole house audio with top notch speakers AND wires. I am willing to bet my wife would have gotten the central vac BUT we have verified that can come after move in. So she may still get her way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sgt. Rich just reminded me of another one! I really wanted the central vac but they no longer offer it in our area! They wouldn't even approve my non-standard request for one!

    I would also have liked whole home audio instead of just two sets of two speakers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me it was the surround sound, with in ceiling speakers. And I would have lengthened the patio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going along with the guy motif, ill agree with sound, the vac is coming post close one part at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is shocking news in the sports betting world.

    It has been said that any bettor must watch this,

    Watch this now or stop betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software

    ReplyDelete