After reading so many blog entries about problems with NVR, I'm almost embarrassed to say we've been really pleased with them so far (knock on wood!). Our agent has been fantastic ... and frankly so are our SRs. Feeling very lucky.
I've read several entries about people who were missing paperwork, etc. Our agent sent us the following list of stuff we needed to bring to our very first meeting with him, and it made everything go smoothly. From my experience with other mortgage companies (new mortgages and refinance), it looks like a pretty standard list. Since there seems to be a lack of communication with some agents, I thought I'd share it:
1. Last 2 months bank statements (all pages). Please document all large deposits.
2. Last 2 years tax returns and W-2's or 1099 statements.
3. Last 2 paystubs
4. Copy of listing agreement on current home (if applicable) or a fully executed sales contract if your current home is under agreement
5. Most recent statement for any asset account (ie retirement account, stocks, etc)
6. If you are renting, landlord name, address and #
7. If recently married or divorced, a copy of the marriage license/divorce decree
8. If you pay out or receive child support or alimony, copies of the support/court order
9. If you are starting a new job, a copy of the offer letter
10. If you are receiving a relocation package, copy of what you are receiving
11. Copy of your driver's license
12. Copy of your green card, if applicable
13. Copy of your social security card
14. If you have filed for bankruptcy in the last 7 years, copy of all bankruptcy paperwork
15. If you currently own a home and escrow taxes and insurance, need payment book to show escrow is included in payment
16. If you currently own a home and pay your own taxes and insurance, copies of tax and insurance bills
17. Check to mortgage company to cover appraisal and credit report costs