Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Where bluebirds fly

Drove up to the dirt tonight and saw this:



Other than the rainbow, not too much to report. Blueprints are supposedly in. After many nagging phone calls to our SRs and a stop-in, we finally have a pre-construction meeting set for Thursday. Not sure why this has been so difficult to accomplish. Fingers crossed that it actually happens Thursday and we get started. (Diggers are sitting on the lots ready to go and mocking us.)

So, what have we been doing with ourselves while we wait? First we've been exploring every RH development in the greater Pittsburgh area. We're like RH crack addicts. Well, perhaps dorky bird watchers is a better analogy. It's not so much pre-planned, as the excitement of spotting the RH sales signs and finding a new development. Which leads to the "what model do you think that is?" game. "Is that a Yorkshire?" "Nope, Jefferson, look at that roofline by the garage." (Now auditioning for boringest reality TV show ever ...)

And we've started appliance shopping. Not actual shopping, but we went browsing over the weekend to see what we might like. It's fun to shop when you're not looking at price tags. Which is probably why we both totally fell in love with this:

Samsung 32 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator
Because you know (goes my rationale) we will have 2 teenage boys in this house. We'll NEED the big fridge. I'm not even sure it will fit, but how fun. Plus I do really like how slim the ice maker is inside.

So, any fridge recommendations out there?

8 comments:

  1. That bulldozer is just oozing rainbows! Nice pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rainbow pic! As for the fridge, we went with http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+31.0+Cu.+Ft.+French+Door+Refrigerator+with+Thru-the-Door+Ice+and+Water+-+Smooth+Black/2643172.p?id=1218342186735&skuId=2643172&st=lg%2031&cp=1&lp=2. It is 31 cu. ft. and we also used the rationale that we will have 2 teenage boys (with a girl thrown in there too). They eat me out of house and home now, so I can only imagine what it will be like as they get older. We kept watching the prices at all the stores and once it got to be the lowest I'd ever seen, I purchased it and Best Buy let me schedule out the delivery 2.5 months in advance. It's the standard 36" wide and the opening is 38.5". Fits like a glove! Enjoy the shopping...it's so much fun until you actually have to pay for stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good tip on delayed delivery. We will have to investigate! We also looked at the LG. My main requirement (beyond large and french door) is that the ice maker doesn't take up too much room.

      Delete
  3. So wait.. there isn't gold at the end?? =/

    Consumer reports just came out with their Kitchen reports, I really recommend checking the reviews out for that Samsung or Rachel's LG.
    I have always loved Kitchen-Aid Appliances so we decided on this Fridge.. http://m.hhgregg.com/kitchenaid-24-9-cu-ft-stainless-steel-french-door-refrigerator/item/KFIS25XVMS#.T8WM65P4YbU.blogger

    I really suck at the "What RH is that?" game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband thinks every RH that we see is a Waverly. It's really hard to tell from the front!

      Delete
  4. Awesome! I love the waverly! It wasn't available in our development and I didn't want to move to Cranberry so we went with the Venice. I can't wait to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny - based on the photography I just assumed you were in Cranberry. (We're not either. West of the city.) The Venice looks super cool -- I love where the staircase is.

      Delete
    2. Cranberry Photography came from my need to have a company named after a fruit and the .com was available. I forget that the watermark is still on my photos. I need to update my website so badly but just haven't had the time. I also live very very close to Cranberry so it made sense. Cranberry is a little congested these days for my liking. I love the staircase too...it was one of the selling points for us. No wasted space. Love it!

      Delete